||Welcome To The Pain Clinic
This is a pain information website run by Doctor Richard Walker
, retired Consultant in Pain Management. It provides information, help and advice for pain sufferers and their carers on the diagnosis and treatment of common acute and chronic pain complaints.
Common pain syndromes include low back pain, mid back pain, neck pain, muscle pain and aches, fibromyalgia, minor ligament injuries, arthritis pain and other joint problems, sciatica and other spinal nerve problems, neuralgias (pinched nerve, trapped nerve) and other nerve pains.
There is information about investigations and pain treatment options, such as self help strategies, pain relief medication choices, injection treatments, stretches and exercises.
My aim is to help people improve their pain relief and coping abilities, and to reduce their stress, anxiety and depression through knowledge and understanding.
Please note that I am NOT able to issue prescriptions, supply any kind of drug / medication, or give medical advice online. You should always defer to the advice given to you by your family doctor or hospital specialist
Laughter Is The Cure
- Click Here for some funny jokes, cartoons and videos.
- A little laughter each day goes a long way to raise your spirits and reduce your pain.
How to find your way around this site
- Click on the navigation menus and folders on the left OR
- Use the Google Site Search at the top of each page
NHS Waiting Times - The 18 Week RTT Patient Pathway
- What the government would like to achieve
- Implications for chronic pain patients in the NHS
- SK, 32. Amerstdam, NL Feb 2013 -
I would like to thank you and congratulate you for the fantastic job you have done in this website. It is amazing that you offer all this information to people without asking for anything and even suggesting them to donate to a charity. Click here for my blog.
- MJ, 68, NY, USA, Oct 2011 - Thank you!! Your site was the most informative that I have EVER been on.
SL, UK, Feb 2011 - Just wanted to send you a quick note to complement you on your excellent website. I am currently studying Osteopathy, and your site has been an invaluable learning tool. Nothing more to add, other than thanks and keep up the good work!
- DW, UK, Jan 2011 - I have just started a part time pain management course at southampton university as I am an OT working in community and feel passionately that a lot more has to be done to help people in chronic pain.I just wanted to thank you for such useful information, particularly on pain mechanisms. The info is much easier to understand than others I have seen and exactly what I need at the beginning of my course and I am sure will help with the rest - thank you very much
- JB, UK, Jan 2011 - I just wanted to commend you on your incredibly comprehensive and well thought out website. The illustrations for trigger points and exercises are excellent. I am a web designer by trade and come across only a few sites that are are this well done. Thank you!
- DW, 54, Bakewell, UK, Dec 2010 - Thank you so much for providing such clear, meticulously detailed and yet simple to follow exercises. I have searched high and low for help with chronic back and neck pain and now feel confidence that I can gradually restore flexibility and comfort to my body. You have also helped me to test whether or not my problem is serious and thank God, it appears not to be. I will tell fellow sufferers about your marvelous website. Thank you thank you thank you!
- MT, 48, Hull, UK - I feel that I am now able to consider my treatment options better for the information given on this site. Thank you.
- Nikolay Yordanov MD, Head of Palliative care department, Vratsa , Bulgaria - Searching the www to prepare my lecture on Cancer Pain I came across three of your lectures dedicated to the chronic pain and its treatment. These were one of the most well organized presentations I really enjoyed when I read. So I searched the web (thanks Google) and I found www.painclinic.org and I really would like to congratulate you for the work you have done and for the usefulness of the information provided on the site
- MD, 44, New York, USA - What an excellent overview on pain conditions! I already share a much more general explanation with my acupuncture patients but it is so well written that I think I will use your site as an additional patient resource, if you don't mind.
- SB, 51, Devon, UK - I just wanted to say thank you for such an excellent site; I am doing a degree course in Palliative Care and found your site a valuable resource-it explains the complex A&P in a way that is easy to understand and remember. The links are also so useful.